Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guido Reni Reni Charity

Guido Reni Reni CharityFrancois Boucher The Setting of the SunFrancois Boucher The Rest on the Flight into EgyptFrancois Boucher The Rape of Europa
I’ve never really thought about it. I suppose it must be one of the risks of the job."
Twoflower regarded him thoughtfully.
"I might be able to help there." he said. "Risks are my , this food is a bit greasy, isn't it?"
"You did say you wanted to try some typical Morporkean food," said Rincewind. "What was that about risks?"
"Oh, I know. "That's a funny word. Wossit mean?"
"Well suppose you have a ship loaded with, say, gold bars. it might run into storms or be taken by pirates. You don't want that to happen, so you take out an ensewer-ants-polly-sea. I work out the odds of the cargo being lost, based on weather and piracy records for the last twenty years, then all about risks. They're my that's what you said. I didn't believe it the first time either.""Oh, I don't take risks. About the most exciting thing that happened to me was knocking some ink over. I assess risks. Day after day. Do you know what the odds are against a house catching fire in the Red Triangle district of des Pelargic? Five hundred and thirty-eight to one. I calculated that," he added with a trace of pride."What-" Rincewind tried to suppress a burp- "what for? 'Scuse me." He helped himself to some more wine"For-" Twoflower paused. "I can't say it in Trob, I don't think the beTrobi have a word for it. In our language we call it-" he said a collection of outlandish syllables."Inn-sewer-ants," repeated Rincewind

No comments: