Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Sweetheart Cottage II painting

Thomas Kinkade Sweetheart Cottage II painting
Thomas Kinkade Sunset on Lamplight Lane painting
Then the sister cried out, "Pray, dear brother, do not drink, or you will become a wolf, and devour me." The brother did not drink, and said, "I will wait until we come to the next spring, but then I must drink, say what you like. For my thirst is too great."
And when they came to the third brook the sister heard how it said as it ran,
"Who drinks of me will be a roebuck,who drinks of me will be a roebuck."
The sister said, "Oh, I pray you, dear brother, do not drink, or you will become a roebuck, and run away from me." But the brother had knelt down at once by the brook, and had bent down and drunk some of the water, and as soon as the first drops touched his lips he lay there in the form of a young roebuck. And now the sister wept over her poor bewitched brother, and the little roe wept also, and sat sorrowfully near to her. But at last the girl said, "Be quiet, dear little roe, I will never, never leave you." Then she untied her golden garter and put it round the roebuck's neck, and she plucked rushes and wove them into a soft cord. This she tied to the little animal and led it on, and she walked deeper and deeper into the forest

No comments: