Monday, December 31, 2007

The Three Ages of Woman

The Three Ages of Woman
The Virgin and Child with St Anne
The Water lily Pond
Venus and Cupid
¡¡¡¡I heard a distant foot upon the stairs. I knew it, I was certain. It was his, thank God! ¡¡¡¡She moved slowly from before the door when she said this, and passed out of my sight. ¡¡¡¡'But mark!' she added, slowly and sternly, opening the other door to go away, 'I am resolved, for reasons that I have and hatreds that I entertain, to cast you out, unless you withdraw from my reach altogether, or drop your pretty mask. This is what I had to say; and what I say,
oil painting
I mean to do!' ¡¡¡¡The foot upon the stairs came nearer - nearer - passed her as she went down - rushed into the room! ¡¡¡¡'Uncle!' ¡¡¡¡A fearful cry followed the word. I paused a moment, and looking in, saw him supporting her insensible figure in his arms. He gazed for a few seconds in the face; then stooped to kiss it - oh, how tenderly! - and drew a handkerchief before it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Three Ages of Woman"