Monday, December 3, 2007

Regatta At Argenteuil

Regatta At Argenteuil
Rembrandt Biblical Scene
Rembrandt The Jewish Bride
Return of the Prodigal Son
unfortunate creature. And the marvel of it was that still he lived and clung to life. The brutal years had reduced his meager body to splintered wreckage, and yet the spark of light within burned as brightly as ever. ¡¡¡¡'With an artificial foot,- and they make excellent ones,- you will be stumping ships' galleys to the end of time,' I assured him, jovially. ¡¡¡¡But his answer was serious, nay, solemn. ¡¡¡¡'I don't know about wot you s'y, Mr. Van W'yden, but I do know I'll never rest 'appy till I see that 'ell-'ound dead. 'E cawn't live as long as me. 'E's got no right to live, an', as the Good Word puts it, "'E shall shorely die," an' I s'y, "Amen, an' d- soon at that."' ¡¡¡¡When I returned on deck I found Wolf Larsen steering mainly with one hand, while with the other hand he held the marine glasses and studied the situation of the boats, paying particular attention to the position of the Macedonia. The only change noticeable in our boats was that they had hauled close on the wind and were

No comments: