Tuesday, December 25, 2007

the last supper

the last supper painting
'Well, Rosa, well!' said Mrs. Steerforth, as the other was about to interpose, 'it is no matter. Let it be. You are married, sir, I am told?' ¡¡¡¡I answered that I had been some time married. ¡¡¡¡'And are doing well? I hear little in the quiet life I lead, but I understand you are beginning to be famous.' ¡¡¡¡'I have been very fortunate,' I said, 'and find my name connected with some praise.' ¡¡¡¡'You have no mother?' - in a softened voice. ¡¡¡¡'No.' ¡¡¡
oil painting
¡'It is a pity,' she returned. 'She would have been proud of you. Good night!' ¡¡¡¡I took the hand she held out with a dignified, unbending air, and it was as calm in mine as if her breast had been at peace. Her pride could still its very pulses, it appeared, and draw the placid veil before her face, through which she sat looking straight before her on the far distance.
picture of the last supper
da vinci painting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last supper"